Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 15: Venice

4/08/2011

Today we got the boat from our campsite into Venice and had a walking tour. We saw the monuments of St Mark's square, and learnt about the history behind Venice.

We then went to a few shops and ate in a pub - the food really wasn't great!
After that the others went up towers and visited churches, but I was really fed up of views and churches! So I just walked around and bought some souviniers.

I wanted to go to a glass blowing demo but the tour group left early so I missed it! We didn't miss our Gondola ride though - it was so nice, serene and we were drinking Prosecco..
I asked the gondola man to sing and he said no, but he did in the end :)

Back to the campsite for dinner - it was the best! Had a bbq of ribs, chicken and chips yum!!

Later on it was drinking time.. Pre drank some vodka and went down to the bar, it was so empty and quiet, everyone must have been worn out from the night before! I stayed for a bit but went bed about 12:30 :)

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment